The Hosting Hub: Your guide to hosting on Airbnb.
Airbnb allows people to list and showcase their space in just a few steps, and the best part is, it’s free!
1. Prep Your Listing:
- Login to Airbnb, create a profile & upload a picture of yourself.
- Click, “list your space,” upload photos and complete your description. Since we encourage transparency, be sure to accurately depict your space.
- Set additional guest pricing, security deposits, cleaning fees and more – our advanced pricing system allows flexibility for all your pricing needs.
2. Get Your Space Booked:
- Build your reputation by getting verified and hit up your friends for recommendations.
- Answer messages from prospective guests as they arrive in your inbox using the onsite messaging system. Manage them on the go by signing up for text message alerts & downloading the iPhone App.
- Respond to reservation requests by accepting or declining them within the 24 hour window. You will be notified via your dashboard, mobile alerts, or email.
3. After You’ve Accepted:
- Airbnb will provide email addresses and phone numbers for both parties once the reservation has been confirmed. You can now contact your guest directly to discuss additional trip details.
- Setup payment method for how you would like to be paid. Remittance will be released 24 hours after the guest checks in.
- Review your guest once they have checked out. Your voice is an essential part of building our trusted community!
How to Increase Your Bookings
- Reply to every message promptly. Your response rate depends on it and so do those waiting to hear back from you.
- Increase your search ranking by accepting or declining each reservation request, as rankings are determined by activity.
- Sign up for our standby notifications to alert you when travelers need last minute accommodations.
- Use our autopost feature to list your space directly to craigslist and gumtree.
- Ensure our emails reach you (we work hard on them!) so setup your email to accept messages from email@example.com.
The Downside of NOT Updating Your Calendar (It’s super important).
- You will receive a flood of inquiries for unavailable dates.
- Your response rate will decrease.
- Search ranking on the site may be lowered.
- Potential bookings can slip through the cracks.
- Airbnb may automatically suspend your listing based on activity level and you will be turned off.
Golden Rules of Hosting
Facilitate a Smooth Check-in
Being a host takes coordination, so be sure to confirm contact details and address, check-in/check-out times, and key exchange before your guest arrives.
Also, be there to greet them – with a smile!
A reservation is a commitment and your guests are counting on you. Family vacations, weddings or birthdays can be stressful enough so don’t cancel. In emergencies, contact the Airbnb support team.
Update Your Calendar
It’s important to keep your calendar accurately up to date at all times. Guests need to know when you’re available (No, not that kind of available).
Accurately represent your listing and be upfront about all pricing. “Stretching the Truth” only works in the movies.
Respond to Inquiries
Always respond to messages & requests. Your response rate will thank you.
Address Guest Concerns
If something goes awry be accessible to help remedy the situation. Be a hero to your guest!
Exceptional Hospitality: Just some of the things our hosts are doing…
- Chocolate chip cookies after a long day of sightseeing.
- A nice note and shared kayaks.
- Homemade breakfast and yummy dinner.
- A newspaper on the doorstep every morning.
- VIP tickets to a concert.
- Guided tours of the City
- Cupcake Baking
- Miniature toiletries just in case.
- M&M’s for pillow treats.
- Private hummingbird sightings
- Privacy & alone time to relax.
- Custom maps of favorite hangouts & cityscape
- Fresh towels and pillow treats.
- Washed, dried & folded clothes!
- Lending out bikes for city explorations.
…. And More.