Make a Wish List, win a wish part 1. Today: what’s on your vintage Wish List?
We’ve just introduced you to our new Wish Lists. They love you. They’re waiting for you to love them back.
Need some inspiration? Well, how’s this: we’ve teamed up with vintage-/retro-clothing retailer ModCloth to bring you something special.
Susan, ModCloth’s founder, has always had a passion for thrift and vintage shopping. So when she discovered Airbnb, we knew we had found a kindred spirit. Susan travels around the world to find the most amazing specimens of designer clothing. We find the most amazing places to stay (have you seen our Artsy Abodes Wish List yet?).
It’s a match made in heaven. That’s why Susan created a Wish List of her favorite Vintage-Inspired Abodes on Airbnb.
To celebrate this partnership, we’re holding a contest to see who shares Susan’s passion for fashion. All we need you to do is create your own vintage-inspired Wish List. (See below for instructions.)
If we love your entry, you’ll win one of several $25 gift certificates from ModCloth and Airbnb. We need to have your entry in by 6pm California time TODAY.
Entering is easy: we just need you to create and share your vintage Wish List. All you need to do is log in to Airbnb using Facebook Connect, create a Wish List, and share it via Twitter. Be sure to include the hashtag #lovemywishlist or we won’t be able to find your Wish List!
We’ll announce the winners tonight via our @Airbnb Twitter account. Enjoy wishing!
(Need a quick how-to? No problem. Here you go!)
3. If you see a listing that catches your eye – from these Wish Lists or anywhere on Airbnb.com – simply click on the listing image. Then click “Save to Wish List.”
4. Select the dropdown menu and click “Create New.” Then enter a title for your Wish List, click “Create” and hit “Done.”
5. Once you’ve created your Wish List, you’ll be prompted to save it. Add a note in the Note field if you like, and make sure that “Everyone” is selected under the question “Who can see your new Wish List?” Then click “Save.”
6. Keep going! Add at least four more listings to your Wish List. (When you find a listing you love, just click “Save to Wish List” and make sure you save it to the same Wish List you just created.
7. Now click on “My Wish Lists,” at the top of your page. This brings you to a page that contains all the Wish Lists you’ve created.
8. You’re almost done! Click on the Wish List you’ve just created, then click “Share” and select “Twitter.”
9. You’ll be prompted to tweet about your Wish List. Double check that the hashtag #lovemywishlist is included in the tweet. (If you don’t use this hashtag, we won’t be able to find you.) Then just click “Tweet.”
You’re done – and you’ll be in the running for one of the prizes! Just be sure to follow us (@Airbnb) on Twitter. We’ll tweet out the winners soon after the competition closes.
7 commentsShare your thoughts
Please keep it civilized and relevant. Comments are moderated, so you may not see yours immediately.